Friday, January 23, 2009

I am so small!!!!

Wow, this has been one of those weeks of enlightenment. I have just been so encouraged by the places that the Lord is taking me in His word and all of the things that he seeks to teach me. Having said that I also know that he seeks to purify me through all this enlightenment, and that is very scary. For those of you that know me well at all, you know that I like to have control, that is my safe place. Yet, I am constantly miserable trying to control, but I just can't seem to let it go. But lately He has been appealing to my heart and calling me out of this sinful place that I choose to live my life. He seeks for me to honor Him and my husband by submitting to their authority and find peace in that place. So as I daily meditate on Proveberbs 31:10-31 and look at what it means to be a Godly wife I struggle. I struggle to drop my old heavy ways and put on the lighter loads that I was created for, not easier, just lighter. I know that his design for my life is so much greater than mine and I honestly pray that I will see the fruits of that soon. Anyways, I hope this makes sense to all you blog stalkers, its just the weight of my heart today.

3 comments:

A Looney Life said...

Don't you love that! God loves us too much to leave us where we are! Its a crazy/beautiful process that draws us closer to the Lord in the process. Thanks for sharing!

dixie-cricket said...

Ugh. I just realized that Ihave not been meditating on it as agreed!

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Hi! I have not seen you in forever!! I hope all is well.

We are going through something similar here...I am slowly letting go of a lot of things like finances, decisions for the household, setting discipline rules, etc. On one hand it is so hard because I have done it for so long, and I like things "my" way :-). On the other hand, having those decisions made for me (with my input) as been very freeing emotionally. I have more time to focus on what I need to be focusing on! Check out Proverbs 31 blog/ministries- some great resources there.

http://www.proverbs31.org/

Hugs,
Lindsey